Black lines appearing across monitor + Blue screen(not BSOD) brand new IBuyPower PC

PCNoob111

Reputable
Jan 1, 2015
So I just bought a $1000 IBuyPower PC via the configurator they had, I did not have a DVI cord so I attempted to connect it via HDMI to my HDTV, and it did not load beyond the "Starting Windows" screen, it would just go black.
I bought a DVI cord and connected it to my monitor, and these black lines appear appear across my screen and flicker. This does not effect me being able to function on the PC but it is annoying.

So when I sign into my user on the computer that I just set up, the lines appear still, here's a picture, and another with the login area and then there's 2 outcomes that happen.
1) The desktop appears, and is functional for about 10 seconds, then the screen turns solid blue(Not BSOD, there is no error text, just a blue screen) this will stay there forever, never goes away). I can not use the computer, see my mouse pointer, or do anything.(see this picture)
2) as soon as I sign in, It will go straight to a blue screen with these thin vertical lines across it, and I can not use the computer, see my mouse pointer, or do anything.(This screen looks identical to the blue screen before just with thin white vertical lines all across the width of the screen)

I'm currently running in safemode with network support, and I can't really do anything. this does get rid of the black bars however, my guess was that it didn't run anything extra from the graphics card that was causing these errors. The blue screens do not occur in safe mode. Im not sure if it is the graphics card, i'm not familiar with a bunch of stuff.

The specs are[taken copy paste directly from website]:
CPU: AMD FX-8320 CPU (8x 3.50GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P -- AMD 970-
memory: 8 GB [4 GB x2] DDR3-1866 ADATA XPG V2
video card: R9 280X 3GB-Single Card
power supply: 850 Watt - XFX Core Edition PRO850W - 80 PLUS Bronze-

please let me know if I left out any of the specs necessary to help find the problem.

My brother has the exact same specs, but a different casing, his computer turns on but doesn't show up beyond a black screen on any display. we tried checking all the cords inside the computer, and to our knowledge they seem to be connected correctly, and everything seems to RUN, just not function.

IBuyPower tech support is closed at the moment because it's a holiday, so I'm coming here hoping for some salvation

iBUYPOWER - Jason

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
Hey!

Based on what I'm seeing, this might be an issue with the graphics display (GPU), but this is definitely an issue I haven't encountered before! I'm not sure how to instruct you further with a solution.

I'm sorry for the lack of help! I highly recommend calling our tech support on Monday as soon as possible for support!

Tech Support - (888) 618-6040

-iBUYPOWER Jason