Gurgling in closed loop water cooler

dahfizz

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
I have been noticing splashing and gurgling sound coming from my corsair H110 closed loop CPU cooler. The thing that confuses me is that I have had the cooler for nine months, but it is just now making noise, which concerns me. It still keeps my 4770k perfectly cool and I haven't noticed any leaks, so I really am just wondering if this is a normal thing or if i should be worried.

I would be concerned as it has just started. Since you've been using it for 9 months, and now hearing gurgling/splashing, it would seem that an air pocket it in there somehow. The only time I hear this is when I completely drain/refill my cooling loop and have to work out the air pockets. Luckily, you said you don't have any "leaks", though a pinhole somewhere may be small enough to cause an occasional drip somewhere that could go unnoticed. Personally, i'd remove the cooler and do a close inspection, and do a good "sniff" test around the cooler, probably would have an antifreeze type smell in these AIO watercooling kits from the additives if there is a pinhole somewhere. If you find anything, I'd surely be replacing it. Also, another possibility is the pump having problems. Any change in RPM in the BIOS/UEFI or software?

dahfizz

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
nope i use software to keep the pump at 100% and vary fan speeds. I will do a full inspection later when i have time. Thank you