Please rate my new PC build!!

Elliott O-h

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
Has taken me over a year but finally finished !!

Corsair 750d full tower case

Gigabyte, GA 990fxa ud3 motherboard

AMD FX6300- overclocked to 4.2GHZ

8Gb of hyperx RAM

128Gb Samsung 840 SSD

1Tb Seagate barracuda HDD

AMD R9 280x Sapphire TOXIC 3gb Oc edition

Sound Blaster ZX sound card- which runs through a reciever and onto a custom 5.1 surround setup

Corsair VS 650W PSU
Coolermaster Nepton 280L Liquid cooler- with two NF-A14 noctua fans on the rad as top exhaust

2x NF A14 noctuas as front intakes on case

1x NF A14 for rear exhaust

MONITORS- two 24" AOC led 1080p monitors and a 40" toshiba 1080p tv , all running in triple monitor set-up with the TV in a central position .

Please be honest, rate it, improve it !!! :)

davidarad02

Admirable
the 280x wont be powerful enough to run 3 monitor surround, but for a single monitor its just fine.
DON'T buy the tv if its not 60Hz. get a 1080p monitor with 60Hz or more, and with low latency. also, if you were planning to play surround with the tv, the big tv would just be big, and everything on it would look big, and if you were playing surround with the 2 aoc monitors, everything would look VERY weird.
as for the aoc monitors, i cant judge them because you didnt give me the exact model.
everything besides what i said, is just fine.
if i had to rate this setup from 1-10, i'd give it a 6 because all the things i mentioned earlier.

Elliott O-h

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015

Nah sorry haha im not running surround! Just triple set up for work documents and ease of access when multi tasking, would never try eye finity haha and the TV is 80Hz so its all good :)

davidarad02

Admirable
oh ok in that case i would give it a 8, because i think that 40 inches is too big for gaming from 2-3 feet away, and you still haven't given me the model for the monitors.

Its a solid high setting gaming rig mate,Im not going to rate out of 10 because at the end of the day if youre happy with performance thats all that matters.
you could probably pull 4.5ghz with that cooler/mb/cpu combo but to be fair in my experience 4.1/4,2ghz tends to be the sweet spot when it comes to running at fairly low voltages,

Im running a 60 inch screen from 5-6 feet away (lounge setup)
its hard to go back to a 24inch monitor (even from a foot or so away) once youve gamed at 1080p ultra on a big big screen

Elliott O-h

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
Cheers guys for the great responses ! i tried another couple og Ghz but it didnt really seem to be making an impact, not to mention a core failure on prime95 after an hour :/ comepletely agree with MADMATT30 though, for fifa and other controller based games its awesome, also such a good way to watch movies from your pc!