Vertical Lines on monitor after power outage

riamu1993

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Hey guys! There was a brief power outage that took out all the power in my house for a few seconds this morning. My computer was on during this time and immediately after the outage ended, these colored vertical lines appeared on my monitor (Yamakasi catleap q270). I restarted the computer and disconnected the power cords with no success; the lines remain. What should I do? I'm freaking out because I have a GTX 980 and Catleap q270 that could both be possibly fried :( .

Fozzard123

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
oh god well im sorry to be burden of bad news but i think it is fried :( reason i know is my lads r9 270x did the same i swapped it for the 7770 we had saved for moments like this and swapped it worked fine, can you not do the same maybe? any gpu will fit in ur pc for you to check this even a geforce 210 lol anything?

Fozzard123

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
whatever do as you please you can be reimbursed from issues not caused by yourself the fact remains it was there fault, i have seen people get reimbursed reason i mentioned it. but whatever you can get it fixed so pointless going on.