How unprofessional is this? Never buying Gigabyte product again.. What should I do?

Ryanoc94

Reputable
Jul 21, 2014
Hey so in September I decided that I was going to build my own gaming pc so I could play all my favourite games. I was recommended to buy the Gigabyte Radeon r9 280 and so I went for it. I received the part a week later and as soon as I installed it I knew there was a problem.. The card was Artifacting and Freezing almost constantly. I posted on this website of what I should do and I was told that it was faulty from what I have been experiencing. I did a few test and decided to RMA the card. It cost me 30$ to ship from Canada to the USA but what else can I do really? I need the card fixed. I rarely received emails from Gigabyte about the product and finally 3 weeks later I got the card back. I was super excited to finally be able to get back gaming but as soon as i setup the pc and started playing.... The exact same problem occurred. Now I am thinking to myself, If the card isn't the problem then what is?? So i decided that I would take it to an expert and let him do his tests and fix the problem. After a few hours he calls me and tells me that the card is still faulty. He said that it is terrible such a big named company would send back a part that is not properly working. Well now.. I am out 80 dollars for the cost of shipping and getting the card tested. How terrible is that? I am going to call on Monday. Do you guys have any suggestions of what I should say or do? I'm thinking that I will ask for the r9 290 or a full refund. It just is terrible that they would be so unprofessional. They did not send any note back with the product explaining what they have done. The only email sent to me was an automatic email saying how grateful they are for my patience. Kiss my ass. You guys are full of it and if I am ever thinking about spending 270 dollars on a product, It's defiently not going in Gigabytes wallet...

Solution
I would go on Facebook or another social media site and complain - you paid to send it to them once for repair. Fine, that's on you. However, not only have you now paid for third-party evaluation, but it is the same issue.

Therefore, I think it would be quite fair to demand they send you a prepaid shipping label to get it properly fixed or offer a fair replacement. Make a stink if they don't, but offer them the chance via private message first before you start posting.

Ryanoc94

Reputable
Jul 21, 2014
Yeah defiantly agree with that. The only thing is in Ottawa where I live. They don't have such a great variety of products

Not sure where you live, but in Canada consumer legislation is abysmal.
Stores do not [generally] cover warranty unless specifically paid for as a service; otherwise, you go to the manufacturer.

I know, we regularly turn people away after our 2-week return because "should've bought the warranty".

I would go on Facebook or another social media site and complain - you paid to send it to them once for repair. Fine, that's on you. However, not only have you now paid for third-party evaluation, but it is the same issue.

Therefore, I think it would be quite fair to demand they send you a prepaid shipping label to get it properly fixed or offer a fair replacement. Make a stink if they don't, but offer them the chance via private message first before you start posting.

Solution