making a water cooling fan

Canine Owner

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
hi all I am thinking about making my own water cooling fan rather than buying it since its very expensive , i can make a water pump by toys' motors and I saw peoples' experiences making this mini pump and connecting it to copper pipes that the water will run in but I am concerning how to cool the water inside these pipes . i want to know the technology used in those expensive water cooling fans .any suggestions ?

How good are you at engineering? Do you have the necessary tools to make a perfectly flat metal surface for the plate that contacts the processor.

Probably, most important - is your processor so cheap that you would rather risk destroying it than paying for a well-engineered cooling solution? (If the answer to that is "yes" then there is probably little point in water-cooling it.)

But to answer your question, the technology is simply to use a radiator (like in an automobile). Do you have the facilities to engineer a radiator?

Canine Owner

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
I am not going to make these parts i am going to collect those parts and build a cooling system, by the way , am not going to make plats that contact the cpu or gpu , am going to make use fans to push air towards the tubes which contain cold water and push this cold air to the processor's fan so the processor's fan will push this cold air to the processor directly
thats my idea i am not going to make the the ideal watercooling.but i am afraid that this makes a water vapor on the tubes
any ideas

Canine Owner

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014

I am not going to make these parts i am going to collect those parts and build a cooling system, by the way , am not going to make plats that contact the cpu or gpu , am going to make use fans to push air towards the tubes which contain cold water and push this cold air to the processor's fan so the processor's fan will push this cold air to the processor directly
thats my idea i am not going to make the the ideal watercooling.but i am afraid that this makes a water vapor on the tubes
any ideas

I'm still a little confused. If you are going to all the trouble and expense of installing a water-cooling system why not use one that directly cools the processor? You still need a radiator and a pump to circulate the fluid and I can't think that it will be very efficient if the cooling parts don't contact the processor directly.

Latest posts