Setting up a triple monitor setup

Cendes

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
Hello there!

I'm currently using a Asus AMD R9 280X which has 1 x DVI-D, 1 x DVI-I, 1 x HDMI and 1 x Display Port. I'm planning on buying 3 of these http://www.asus.com/Monitors/VE247H/ as it has the following ports: HDMI, DVI and VGA.

I've done some research and everyone's talking about primary monitors, active adapters and how you can't use some cable combinations and so forth. Now I'm very inexperienced in this area so I have no clue what all these people are talking about. I'm asking for someone to tell me how to set them up correctly (what cables to use and to which monitors they should be plugged in) and any common problems that might occur during/after the installation.

Any help is appreciated!

bmacsys

Honorable
BANNED

Why would you post this question in the cpu sub forum?:no:

Cendes

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
Sorry, I looked through the list of categories and I wasn't sure where to put it as my problem isn't directly a hardware or software issue :s

Cendes

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015

Are you sure? Some people say you need a display port to be able to use 3 separate monitors.

davidarad02

Admirable
if the gpu has the connections, it should work. the only worry, is that the 280x wont be strong enough to power 3 1080p displays at reasonable frame rates and image quality