Monitor is messed up, can't find drivers or any other solutions.

Nicholas1010

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
I recently ordered new PC, and someone gave me LG Flatron M2284F-PF monitor, it was opened and probably used, I don't even know. but problem is, I think its drivers, I heard people say monitors aren't even meant to have drivers, but I am little suspicious since my device manager recognises my monitor as generic monitor (default).

I can't find any drivers for it though when I google.

There are many problems, but ones most likely associated with drivers is, when I play video games, games start in out of range resolution and I have to look for config files or type in windowed launch properties so I can actually run game and assign resolution settings to my monitors so it can run it. often GUI or just screen is messed up, game is cutted off and I have to press auto adjust key every 3 minutes when I toggle menus/GUIs, there are also more problems, but I want these solved first, because I want to play GTA V without serious problems when it comes out.

Thanks for attention, waiting for answer.

By the way, I have GTX 550 Ti 1gb GPU.

Louise Porkolt

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2014
Hi there,

Never google for drivers unless you know it's too old be still downloadable from the Vendors site.
Also on google you get loads of sites where finally you have to pay for them !!! Thieves !!!

Usually the monitor itself do not need drivers unless there are extra features on it !! (USB-hub, Touchscreen etc)

Did you try the LG-site for downloadables ?
Did you install latest driver for the GPU-card ?
Is the GPU card OLD ? or NEW ? you might clean it out if it's not out of the box !

Let us know, Louise.

Nicholas1010

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
Thanks for response, I tried LG site, I even found my monitors model information on LG site, in drivers, it was saying to download some forteManager, I downloaded it but it does not work, it can't detect my montior, I updated GPU to latest drivers, and GPU is old, used, I am pretty sure its already cleaned since company built it for me and they are pretty good.