Pick as the solution

G

Should I be seeing the "Pick as the solution" green box in threads that aren't mine??? Started a couple of hours ago.

DcLUZNy.png

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2463667/youtube-html5-player-internet-explorer.html

G

How can I pick for someone else? It doesn't make sense to me.

Once you achieve 5 Best Answers of your own you are granted the power to choose a Best Answer.

However, with great power comes great responsibility.

The rules are quite simple:
1. If the thread originator has chosen an answer you leave it alone, period.
2. If you come across an obviously abandoned thread (2 or more months old) with no chosen answer you may choose one.
3. If you come across a thread with an answer that is obviously wrong, or a better one exists, you may change it, unless the answer was chosen by the thread originator, in which case you abide by rule #1.
4. You do not choose an answer in an active thread unless you are the thread originator.
5. Do not use multiple accounts to bestow Best Answers to one another, you will be banned for such abuse.

The moderator team is quite adept at spotting and dealing with abuse of the BA system, so be very careful with the power.

G

I think I like a simple thank you a lot better. With this system, I don't get them often... Kinda kills human interaction... We could have the system AND the thank you's (or at least feedback), don't you think? Are there that many members here that don't know how to be polite? :sarcastic:

Are there that many members here that don't know how to be polite?
Unfortunately there are. In common with most forums, a lot of people will post a question on a forum and then never acknowledge the replies or tell us which, if any, worked for them. I'm sure they don't behave with such disdain for others in real life but that's the Internet for you.