Digital Storm Experiences?

CigC

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
I was offered a new PC as a gift this Christmas. I wanted to build it myself originally but I soon found out the computer was already ordered for me, unfortunately. I was given the option of canceling but decided to give DS a try....

The specs look fine but what I'm worried about is getting a dud. I've been reading a fair bit of negative experiences with DS and now I'm quite nervous.... I wish I would have stressed how badly I wanted to build the PC myself and now it's too late to cancel without having to pay 15% of the total in fees for canceling.r

Please... Does anyone have a positive experience with them?

Solution
I do but firstly digital storm is a over priced store.
You will get a CD with the OS on it for if you ever 1 want to or 2 need to do a reinstall.
You will get a package of the anti virus program with a product key but it will not be preinstalled for you.
They do honor their warranty but i do suggest reading over it as they have it split up into warranty for labor and warranty for parts with the parts warranties only going up to 3 years while labor goes up to 6 years.
If choosen it will have a custom liquid cooling loop that you will have to take care of on a semi annual basis alike to if you built it yourself ... but if it was only an air cooler that will not be an issue.
The ASUS motherboard was a good quailty board and the Corsair...

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
I do but firstly digital storm is a over priced store.
You will get a CD with the OS on it for if you ever 1 want to or 2 need to do a reinstall.
You will get a package of the anti virus program with a product key but it will not be preinstalled for you.
They do honor their warranty but i do suggest reading over it as they have it split up into warranty for labor and warranty for parts with the parts warranties only going up to 3 years while labor goes up to 6 years.
If choosen it will have a custom liquid cooling loop that you will have to take care of on a semi annual basis alike to if you built it yourself ... but if it was only an air cooler that will not be an issue.
The ASUS motherboard was a good quailty board and the Corsair RAM hasnt failed yet after 4~5 years of straight 24/7 use so that is also good. They look options in my mind but do use what seems to be the best parts on the market.
worrying about getting a dud is not much of an issue as when you get it you should have at least a year to find out if it is or isnt a dud and still get it replaced and/or "fixed" by them as long as you do not void the warrenty of course. For how the warrenty is voided that will be in the warrenty link below.
http://www.digitalstormonline.com/warranty.asp

Digital Storm as a brand is more of a always right computer brand just costs more becuase they make sure that the computer works right before shipping it to you. Alike to iBuyPower just iBuyPower would have given them more choices and forced them to go with All-in-One water cooling for the CPU.

Solution

CigC

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I think I've just let the negative reviews speak to me too loudly perhaps.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
that is mainly becuase the internet is full of reveiws of those who hate the product and/or want to troll it instead of giving the good reviews most of the time as most ppl who have a nice and/or great expenice just do not care to post a review ... for example i didnt on the one that i got from them just because well that was the only time i got a computer from them.

CigC

Reputable
Jan 5, 2015
I'm sure that's true on some level... we live in a time where it's easy to put out false information on a product whether it's good or bad unfortunately.

Glad to hear you had a good experience though. My order just shipped a few hours ago and it will be here Thursday. I'll be sure to post my opinion on here some where.