Best Computer Monitors: October 2014 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

antemon

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2008
I'm still not a fan of this newer way of sorting your suggestions

i believe it's better if you do the per price point system or
for monitors: screensize
storage/ssd: price point or storage size
motherboard: both intel and AMD should have per price point

for example,
for 21inch section , this model is best because of such and such
for 100-150usd, this model is best because of such and such

TeamColeINC

Reputable
May 6, 2014
How is the Qnix QX2710 not on this list? $300, 27", 1440p, 120Hz overclockable, definitely not regretting my decision to save money over the Swift (which wasnt available anyway).

Alsone

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2006
Surprised the Asus MX279H isn't up there as well as it universally achieves acclaim for its PQ from it's IPS panel, with most purchasers giving it a 5 out of 5 in vendor ratings. Just bought one myself and think it's excellent in both appearance and PQ.

Other vendors could learn a lot from its quality stand and frame less design. One of the biggest things that stopped me buying several other monitors listed here, was their appearance. In this day and age, who wants a monitor with a thick black edge to it when frame less designs are here? I'm afraid those who've gone with framed designs are losing a lot of customers through it. The MX729H leads the pack in appearance.

morerice

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
Well written, though I would like to see more value options instead of just the best money can buy. You should definitely include 60 Hz options as a price point comparison for the gaming monitors. Honestly, 144 Hz is a nice feature, but I don't think it can justify the rather large price increase. You wouldn't recommend an i7 for enthusiast gamers on a budget, so I don't see why this won't be the case with monitors.

Dr Orgo

Honorable
May 30, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the price for the AOC G2460PG isn't correct. I just purchased one last month. It should have a $100-200 price premium over the G-sync free versions.

Dr Orgo

Honorable
May 30, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the price for the AOC G2460PG isn't correct. I just purchased one last month. It should have a $100-200 price premium over the G-sync free versions.

_AMQUACK_

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
Super disappointed to find that the Asus ProArt PQ279Q price and linked monitor is not the same as the one discussed and reviewed - the correct one is about twice the price. Looking for a 2560x1440 monitor (the one linked is lower resolution). Who knows if the other items are correctly linked - off to find a list someplace else.

Adroid

Distinguished
I'm a little surprised there is no mention of the Dell U2415. It's an IPS panel with quick response times and 16:10 resolution. 16:9 is inferior in my personal opinion. I was interested in Gsync but I didn't want to pay the premium for it, and until 16:10 is available I won't be switching.

smart_Neuron

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
To the author (Christian) - I like this review very much. However, I think that it is very important to add the category of Anti-Glare, in your future reviews, since Glossy displays will not work for me. Are any of these reviewed monitors have true Anti-Glare screens? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.