Have a few questions about building a pc

Raindog1

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
Hello!

I'm in the early stages of getting parts for my first build. I already have my cpu, mobo, and gpu figured out(pentium g3258, msi Z97 PC Mate Socket LGA 1150, and GTX 750ti(haven't figured out which brand yet)). I'm trying to use as much as I can off of old desktops I have so as to minimize cost. From these old machines I have a case I believe will fix an ATX board (its a PowerSpec 8924 if that helps), 8 gigs of regular ddr3 ram, and an optical drive. I know I need other things like a PSU and hard drives and the like, so what do you guys recommend and will the case I have fit the mobo? I can post pics of it if needed. It looks like its just a standard case.

Thanks!

Raindog1

plywrlw

Admirable
As it's clearly a budget build I'd take a look at the EVGA 500B, Antec VP-450 or XFX Core 450W for the power supply. They're well built but not dreadfully expensive.

The only way to check if the motherboard will fit the case is to get out your tape measure and download the manual for the motherboard. As cases can run as cheap as $20 I would be tempted to just buy the motherboard and buy a case if it doesn't fit any you have!

For hard drives have a look at 1Tb Western Digital Blue or Seagate Barracuda drives, if you don't need 1Tb then get a smaller drive if you like but the price difference between 500Gb and 1Tb are pretty small so sometimes you may as well just get the bigger drive.

Raindog1

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013

Ok thanks for the help, plywrlw! Really appreciate it!