Sapphire R7 260X 1GB on 1600x900 monitor

Hisham Jalal

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
Would this card do well playing games on this monitor? I have just enough money to buy a new monitor and not enough to upgrade my gpu. My current monitor is really old and games look washed out and dull compared to newer monitor even though the resolution is similar.

Solution

It is true that GPUs can run out of memory especially when Anti-Aliasing is enabled at high resolutions. This will make little to no difference for you, however, because you will be limited by your gpu performance much more than by the 1GB RAM. 1600x900 is not really considered high resolution any more. Just use the recommended settings and you won't have any problems.

Hisham Jalal

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015

Thanks for the fast reply.
I've heard that gpu with 1GB memory will handle high resolution poorly. Is this true?

It is true that GPUs can run out of memory especially when Anti-Aliasing is enabled at high resolutions. This will make little to no difference for you, however, because you will be limited by your gpu performance much more than by the 1GB RAM. 1600x900 is not really considered high resolution any more. Just use the recommended settings and you won't have any problems.

Solution

Hisham Jalal

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015

Thanks! I'll be sure to keep that in mind. :D