Monitor won't display anything with Radeon 7850 plugged in.

bss1991

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
I bought a second hand MSI Twin Frozr HD 7850 2gb a couple weeks ago, upgrading from a GTX 650. The card has been working fine until I came home from work last night and the monitor would not come back on from sleep mode. I unplugged the monitor for a few seconds and then the display came on. I thought I was fine.

This morning, the computer was asleep again and now I have not been able to get the display to come on at all unless I remove the 7850 and reconnect my GTX 650. The 7850 looks to be in perfect condition and has been working fine until now. I don't know what the problem could be.

Does anyone have an idea?

Specs on other components:

MSI Z87-G41 PCmate motherboard
Pentium G3258 at 4.2ghz
8gb Kingston Ram
Antec VP-450 450W PSU

Solution
simple solution
deactivate hibernate and sleep modes useless
just turn the screen off when your done or shut down your computer when you are done.
hibernate eats away at your ram slowing you down. not only when you do that you should also google how to de-allocate the ram space required by hibernation because even the hibernation is off it is still stealing your ram space

pilgrum90

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
simple solution
deactivate hibernate and sleep modes useless
just turn the screen off when your done or shut down your computer when you are done.
hibernate eats away at your ram slowing you down. not only when you do that you should also google how to de-allocate the ram space required by hibernation because even the hibernation is off it is still stealing your ram space

Solution