No GPU signal, fans at maximum speed.

JRalha

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
So, I'll give a quick review of my build before going into more detail.

CPU: i5 4670k
GPU: GTX 770 Gigabyte
MOBO: Gigabyte H87-HD3
PSU: Thermaltake Smart Standard 750W

I run two monitors, an older one plugged to the onboard GPU on the CPU and newer one plugged directly to the GTX through DVI.

So, there was a power outage, my newer monitor got fried (the one plugged into the GPU), and since then, whenever I boot the PC the GPU's coolers just go to full speed and send no video output at all, I've tried plugging the other monitor to it, I even tried with some other monitors I have around in the house, same results.

I have taken out the GPU and computer works normally with the old monitor plugged on the onboard. It does work normally with the GTX plugged as well, it just sends no singal, is really loud, and doesn't show up as a device.

Please don't tell me the GTX is fried, even though I think deep down inside I know that it is =/

You knew your own answer that the GPU is fried and will need to be replaced. Those power outages, and the resulting surges when power gets restored, can be quite hard on sensitive electronics, and your issue is an example of this. Next time, when the power goes out, make sure to unplug any of these devices before the power is restored.