PC Freezes Up Every Few Seconds

freebrownie

Reputable
Mar 27, 2014
As the title says, my PC now locks up every few seconds for about two seconds. This problem does not affect my computer when it is safe mode. I noticed that when my computer starts freezing up, the hard drive activity light is solid, until the freeze. When it freezes, it blinks out and returns to solid light when the computer unfreezes. I have done virus checks that have confirmed that it is not a virus. My computer also seems to be booting up a lot slower.

I had the same problem of couple of months ago and the way I removed it then was to restore my PC to factory. I don't want to go through that experience again.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Have you checked for Malware (Malwarebytes has a free version), checked that you have the latest BIOS and mobo drivers? GPU drivers, run CHKDSK /R and/or SFC /SCANNOW from the command prompt as administrator

freebrownie

Reputable
Mar 27, 2014

Ok, did all of that, but the problem still persists. Oddly enough, it only affects one profile on my computer. I deleted that one and created a new one with the same name, but the problem is now on that one for some reason.