Will my tv look good as a monitor with hdmi

Solution
It comes down to personal preferences and opinion.

A lot of people say TVs work terrible and look terrible as displays. I think that is from the group that place PPI above all else.
I have been using my 32" TV as a monitor for my computer for over two years now and it has worked wonderfully. Given the additional functions the TV has and the cost of monitors and my preference for large screen size, I would never buy a monitor when I could just buy a TV for my computer to use.

But again, some people would say the complete opposite so it depends on you. Try it and see how you feel about it.
It comes down to personal preferences and opinion.

A lot of people say TVs work terrible and look terrible as displays. I think that is from the group that place PPI above all else.
I have been using my 32" TV as a monitor for my computer for over two years now and it has worked wonderfully. Given the additional functions the TV has and the cost of monitors and my preference for large screen size, I would never buy a monitor when I could just buy a TV for my computer to use.

But again, some people would say the complete opposite so it depends on you. Try it and see how you feel about it.

Solution

galactigus

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Yes do you have a dedicated gpu? Keep in mind that it may take quite a bit of tweaking with your tv settings and gpu settings to get it to look it's best. Idk if your tv has it but my Samsung does what you'll want to make sure of is that you open the source menu select the hdmi input thats attached to your pc and then click tools on the remote select edit name and make sure the Hdmi is set to PC.