I am unable to get an output from my discrete graphics card with my A10 5800K setup HELP!

Xcloud

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015
Hey guys i am having some difficulty displaying output with my new GPU..i am unable to get an output from it at all....it works fine but just no output....i have read all over the internet ...you tubed it , forums after forums still no avail.

I have tried everything...went in the bios set primary GPU adapter to PCI-E ...disabled the on board GPU in windows downloaded the latest GPu drivers still nothing.

The computer picks it up when i use the on board graphics instead of switching to the discrete's graphics so i know the cards functioning...so...im kinda stuck.. .. and the as rock board i have doesn't even say in the Manuel how to go about doing such a task...please i need help. thanks guys !!!

MY setup

AMD A10 5800K APU
Cooler master Hyper N520
Sapphire Radeon R9 270 dual x oc GPU
8GB ADATA gaming series RAM
250GB WD HDD
AS-Rock FM2A75M-DGS
corsair CXM 500m watt psu( i now have to use a generic psu because the pg rating on the corsair psu is bad)
4 blue led silent fans(two from corsair/two from cooler master)

Xcloud

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015

Yes. sorry i forgot to mention that i did move the dvi cable from the on board to the 270's dvi port..but still nothing.... I however have two possible solutions. solution one. i just ordered a corsair CSM 750 watt gold standard psu to see if it is a power issue...the previous CXM 500M watt psu i had previously had some issues with its PG(power good rating) so the computer never used to show any video sometimes even with the on board and i added some led fans recently 4 of them so maybe its a power issue...option two is that on the as rock website in the board's FAQ section in order to disable dual graphics you have to set the shared memory to auto and disable dual graphics mode to disable the on board gpu..i would have done this already if the corsair CXM 500 watt psu didn't have a abnormal pg rating..so ill have to wait on the other psu then verify which is which