change Tom's Hardware profile signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuinedXJake

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015
I cannot change my profile signature or computer hardware specs on tomshardware. I go to my profile, and the computer setup and signature are the only ones that cannot be edited (along with personal quote).

Why is this, and please help.

Solution
Signatures and other misc things currently require you to reach 5 posts before you are allowed to change it; we apologize for the inconvenience. This was put in place recently as a temporary measure to deal with a spam issue we've been having. Once you make a few more posts, you should be free to change it. If not, please let me know and I'll look into the matter for you.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Signatures and other misc things currently require you to reach 5 posts before you are allowed to change it; we apologize for the inconvenience. This was put in place recently as a temporary measure to deal with a spam issue we've been having. Once you make a few more posts, you should be free to change it. If not, please let me know and I'll look into the matter for you.

Solution

RuinedXJake

Reputable
Jan 11, 2015

So I was able to change my signature. Now that I edited it, I swapped out a part in reality, and I wanted to change my signature now. Do I need to post 5 more times to change it again? Because the edit button went away again.

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
It shouldn't. There may have just been some sort of soft time limit. There have been a lot of quick, dirty changes made to rules and restrictions in the past month or two because of the spam, but we're hopefully near the finish line in terms of dealing with that. Many of the restrictions we put in place will be lifted once we've got our safety net in place.

Let me know if you continue to run into problems with your signature. If it comes to it, I can manually change it for you if you provide me with the text.

Computer_Whiz42

Commendable
Feb 7, 2017

That feature should be removed tbh, it is very annoying.

That rule is there for a reason.

Also there for a reason are the forum rules about low-effort/no-content replies and duplicate posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.