What do you think about this car audio setup?

anbu7elite

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
I have a 2005 honda civic coupe and I've been planning to replace my headunit, front and rear speakers, and getting an amp to power them. I do not plan on buying a sub, as I am only getting an amp to power my speakers for the highs. So after doing some research I've decided on this. Any thoughts or opinions?

Headunit: (I heard 4v would be good, and this has all the features I would like, bluetooth, usb, aux, HD radio, etc)
Pioneer DEHX8600BH

Amp: (This amp has more than enough power for all of my speakers and it seems pretty compact and powerful)
Pioneer GM-D8604

Front Speakers: (I heard infinity is a great brand)
Infinity 629I 225W

Rear Speakers:
Infinity Kappa 693.9I 3-Way

Solution
When phased switching amps were first hitting the market ~20 years ago, the technology wasn't always suitable for full range operation as the switching wasn't fast enough to resolve the full pass-band used for audio reproduction. Modern "class D / chip-amps / class - T" tend to be more than capable of resolving up to 20Khz and beyond. For car audio where efficiency and heat is a concern, not only would I recommend a chip-amp, I would also advise against using "primitive" class A/B amps. Chip amps give a lot more for the money these days. Smaller, lighter, cooler running, decently low distortion. The only thing to keep in mind is that chip-amps (class D) do not clip gracefully so should be sized larger than you would size a class A/B, (~...

gmanguy

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
Looks good man should be clear and loud. I like pioneer headunits, like anything else you'll get what you pay for, I found cheaper ones to be physically built cheaper. Such as the connection of the face plate or other areas you'd expect to break. Any way speakers are a good choice, for me I was never a fan of the pioneer amps, but for a budget amp it should sound good. Those are their newer ones which go adjust the input based no fs and temp to allow it to run at 1 ohm, interesting. Overall I think its a good setup that will fill that car with sound.

mymutter

Honorable
Dec 23, 2014
It does look good,

But, if you are not running a sub you might want to look at a/b type amplifiers instead of class D amplifiers (sorry, FD)

Other then that, it looks like it should sound loud and clear.

mdocod

Distinguished
When phased switching amps were first hitting the market ~20 years ago, the technology wasn't always suitable for full range operation as the switching wasn't fast enough to resolve the full pass-band used for audio reproduction. Modern "class D / chip-amps / class - T" tend to be more than capable of resolving up to 20Khz and beyond. For car audio where efficiency and heat is a concern, not only would I recommend a chip-amp, I would also advise against using "primitive" class A/B amps. Chip amps give a lot more for the money these days. Smaller, lighter, cooler running, decently low distortion. The only thing to keep in mind is that chip-amps (class D) do not clip gracefully so should be sized larger than you would size a class A/B, (~ double)

Solution