My PC Monitor turns on then turns itself off again straight after

Damian130

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015
Hi there. I'm hoping we have some guys here that might know the issue here and hopefully a solution.

I have a problem with my PC monitor. Whenever I switch off the display on my PC for a prolonged period of time, and then switch it back on - my monitor boots up, makes a sound and then switches off the display again. The actual monitor itself stays on, but the display doesn't appear. I usually spend up to an hour switching it on and off again and then it ends up working again. Bear in mind that it if I leave the display on, it will never switch itself off. Only if I turn the PC display off or the PC itself and then restart it.

The monitor is an Acer, but I'm not sure of the complete specs.

Anyone else here encountered a similar problem? Or would know the issue/solution?

Many thanks in advance if the case.

Solution

okk so just remove the dvi/vga cables from the monitor to see if its happening or not without the cables you will get a signal in your monitor no display port connected like that.
Do you have a GPU? the problem you are facing occurs mainly due to faulty cards and sometimes a defective motherboard.

turn on the monitor remove the DVI/VGA cables from the back and see if the monitor is still turning off and on if not then the problem is else where .

Damian130

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015
The monitor does actually turn on, just after 2-3 seconds it turns itself off again. Then after that I spend a lot of time just switching the power button on it on and off and eventually it just stays on.

okk so just remove the dvi/vga cables from the monitor to see if its happening or not without the cables you will get a signal in your monitor no display port connected like that.

Solution

NinjaIsCool

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
dont listen to them its gonna make it worse
i had the same problem with my tv . it is some kind of problem with the motherboard in the monitor . if u listen to what they say your monitor wont work at all ( take your monitor to a mechanic asap becuz this problem can cause problems :p)