Kingston memory opinion

OrionZ

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015
Hi there folks.This is my new module http://imgur.com/I1IOL2X BUT,i'm a total noob at this so i'd be very grateful if someone could explain if i made a good purchase.
Also,anyone,please explain to me what those numbers mean(11-12-A1....9995402...).
Thank you very much ;)

Cheers!

MADVIU

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
Well, it's clearly a 8 GB (2x4) set of RAM. It would have far easier-to-read specs on the box of the modules. Kingston is a good brand so I would say you made a good purchase. 11-12-A1 might be timings but look more like serial numbers than specs. Sorry, I do not know much about the labels that come on RAM sticks without the heatspreaders. Someone else may have a better idea on what is happening.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

These look indeed like timings.The other nr. is probably a serial nr.The 12800u says it's 1600mhz ram.The rest is really not that important but maybe the kn4gb... nr which seems to be the partnr. of those sticks.

OrionZ

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015
Thanks for the quick response guys ;) These came off Acer Predator desktop so there is no box with them but looking closely and comparing with other Kingston modules i think these might be the HyperX Fury series.
Anyone with better knowledge,feel free to colaborate ;)

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
These are OEM for for the Acer Aspire series of prebuilt computers (the ACR leadin on the model shows that), believe they are a CL11 set which is on the slow side 1600/9 is considered entry level. With Kingston's numbering it appears to be two single 4 GB sticks. A comparable 2x4GB set would prob run $66-68. It equates to their value lines of DRAM (XMP based), the Furies are PnP based and run CL10

OrionZ

Reputable
Jan 14, 2015
Just got them,can't boot my PC. I wonder in what dimms should i place them in,they both say A1,also,how can i tell if they are duall chanell or not,WHERE DO I PLACE THEM?