How do I get the amd vision engine control center?

billybgame

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
Sigh.....had my laptop hard drive replaced.....after Win 7 restored, no longer had my ATI Video control center. All my games have big black borders on the vertical sides now, so have been efforting to restore the missing software. The big sigh is due to the fact that I spent hours trying to get the AMD Catalyst Control Center, only to realize that's not what I need, and now it's called the Vision Engine Control Center, and I can't find what I'm certain is a safe download site. Am I able to download this individually? Sure seems I should be able to, given I could get the other one right off CNet, but they don't seem to have what I need. Naturally.

Can someone point me in the right direction, so I can get back to using my entire screen?

Thanks

qubits

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
it comes with the driver on the amd website.. if it doesnt give you the whole screen after install then there may be scaling options

billybgame

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
confused.....I should certainly already have drivers.....I just got something called Hydravision, but that didn't help.....looks like by the size of the Catalyst driver download of 153 mb, it's the same thing I already got from Cnet. Am I supposed to get it again, but from AMD? Of course, naturally, nowhere on that page, while it lists contents, does it state it has this Vision Engine Control Center. I'd rather not waste another hour downloading that again, if I don't have to.

qubits

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
cnet is garbage for this sort of thing

what i would recommend is getting the drivers from your laptop manufactures website or the amd website and uninstalling everything else before installing the new ones

the driver package from either source will come with the appropriate catalyst for the driver