My PS3 died on its 2nd day, what could be the reason?

farz_ahmed

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013
Hi,
I recently bought a brand new box-sealed ps3 super slim 12 gb from ebay.
It was perfectly working when i unboxed it, i played the last of us for an hour on it.
Then i shut it down, safely as it should be till the LED turns red, and i switched the power off.
I heard somewhere that a ps3 shouldn't be moved just after shutting it off, because its heated up from inside and moving it when its still hot could damage its circuits.
So i left it where it was for a couple of minutes and then moved it under my table, its pretty open space so overheating or damage caused by heating was out of the question.
Next morning i turned the ps3 ON, the LED turned green for 2-3 seconds, then again turned RED, it just wasn't unable to start.
I gave it to sony and will get a replacement in a few days.
After reading this, what do you guys think? Did the ps3 die because of my handling, or it could be a faulty ps3 since the beginning?
Thanks in advance for the replies.

nerev4r

Reputable
Jan 19, 2015
It sounds like bad luck to me. I own two PS3s (one a 2009 Slim, the other a Super Slim) and I've never heard of this before, particularly that a PS3 shouldn't be moved just after shutting it off. I've done that a lot with both of my systems and they both run like a charm.

This definitely isn't something you did. The PS3 itself was probably faulty and would have gone bad regardless of what you did. Playing TLOU for an hour and then moving the system should never cause it to stop working.

farz_ahmed

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

Thanks for the answer, i got a replacement from sony, a box sealed new ps3. I've been playing on it for a few days now, without any issues.