How to access Zyxel P-660HN-T1 modem router from Internet running default settings.

rooly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
How to access Zyxel P-660HN-T1 over internet with device default settings?
Working as ADSL modem + local router/switch.

Accessing router with web browser using it's Global IP failed.
Also Telnet has failed to access.
Is there some other protocol or special port in default settings how to access this Zyxel from WAN?

GRC Shields Up couldn't find any open ports - all ports were stealth.

Someone has hacked to this local home network printer and changed printer IP to Global.
(Owner printed out network settings and Emailed to me)
While printer has also WiFi I don't know if it was on and hacking over WiFi is somehow less likely.

I accessed this local network running W7 p2p network with Teamviewer but owner has failed to change printer settings back to local and I don't have access to printer.

In order to exclude wired attack.
How else test this Zyxel unit security?

rooly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Hello

Has been disabled and I can't access their global IP with browser or with Putty Telnet (time out)
Therefore - the question was posted here how else it is possible?
Or maybe there are some special settings to access this Zyxel router over WAN.

CrzyGK

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014
Sorry, the only way that's possible is for that to be enabled. The router will actively prevent any other means to access it from WAN. Unless you can walk someone who is on that network through enabling it, or get them to let you remote to their computer (Teamviewer, Crossloop, ect.), there's just no way.

rooly

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Yes, so I believe to.
But hacking inot local network is a fact.

Except there is in router settings

Remote MGMT enables to access this device remotely from a WAN and/or LAN connection by HTTPS. looks like might be active ...
Server Access LAN & WAN port 443 which seams to be active but https://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 doesn't respond.