Best budget monitor for gaming (23" or 24")

Jomari Gonzales

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
Hello guys,

I am currently having a hard time to decide which monitor would be best suited for my set-up that would cater my needs. I mainly watch movies and play games. General specs of my pc are as follows:

Processor - Intel i5 2500
Graphics Card - GTX 750 Ti (DVI-I, HDMI and DisplayPort)
RAM - 8Gb

Here are the options that I'm considering (prices based on local stores in my area)

AOC 23.6 inch E2461FWH WLED Monitor - $180
AOC 23 inch WLED MONITOR E2357FH - $185
ASUS 23 inch VX239H WLED IPS Monitor - $185
BenQ 24 inch Wide Led Monitor, RL2455HM - $200
Dell E2314H 1080P 23" - $120
Viewsonic 24" (VX2452MH) LED - $195

Games I am currently playing would be NBA 2k15, Need for Speed, Assassin's Creed, Batman etc.

I do have a little bit of idea when it comes to response time, contrast ratio and such. Not really sure if it would be a big difference between 5ms and 2ms since I rarely play FPS, I think the most fast-paced game I played would be racing games and action games with motion blur.

Really hope for everyone's positive response on this, I would really want to hear any special or distinct features those monitors have that you know of. And also I would like to just limit the topic on the monitors stated above since those are the ones available in my area.

If ever I have left out essential information that you guys need, just let me know so that I can provide it here.

Thanks very much guys!

Jomari Gonzales

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015

Hi @digitaldoc!

Thanks for the suggestion! If i may ask for additional info regarding why would the Viewsonic be the better choice such as extra features or advantages that would be much appreciated. :)