Help Choosing a Gaming Monitor on a budget ~ Links provided

EzTec

Distinguished
Hello everyone, so I am trying to decide on a gaming monitor because my parts for my build are arriving and even though I plan on connecting it to my 46" Samsung LED TV I dont want to keep it that way, I would much rather have a seperate monitor / workstation. Here are a few monitors I am looking at and my likes / dislikes of each monitor, If you could offer your best opinion on these or recommend a much better one I am not seeing than thanks :p

Acer H236HLbid Black 23" (5ms ~ IPS Monitor ~ Glossy)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009483
Likes: The monitor looks very sexy, nice brushed aluminum look would go good with my corsair 350D case, IPS and a nice 5ms response time.
Dislike: the only dislike would be the screen is very reflective! I have a lot of light coming into my room.... i would hate to buy this monitor and then not even be able to see what's on the screen :(

Asus VS248H-P 24-Inch (2ms ~ LED - Not IPS ~ Matte Screen - Nice in lit up rooms)
http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VS248H-P-24-Inch-Full-HD-LED-lit/dp/B0058UUR6E/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t
Likes: Well has amazing reviews.... over 4k.... has a fast resonse time and a matte screen which will help in my room that's pretty bright.
Dislike: Not being Ips...

I definitely think i am leaning towards an IPS for the color and clarity, If only that Acer H236HL had a matte screen i would buy it in a heartbeat.... I have not had too much experience with glossy or matte screens but im just going off of what i think would happen if i get that screen

Solution
For gaming tn panels are better mate - IPS major benefit is the viewing angles.
The asus is the better 'gaming' monitor by far out of the 2 models.
It has an insane amount of customisation options & viewing modes - with a bit of tinkering you will match the colour & clarity of the IPS panels easily
If you already know you have a problem with reflection in your room then you would be mad to buy anything with a glossy screen.
For gaming tn panels are better mate - IPS major benefit is the viewing angles.
The asus is the better 'gaming' monitor by far out of the 2 models.
It has an insane amount of customisation options & viewing modes - with a bit of tinkering you will match the colour & clarity of the IPS panels easily
If you already know you have a problem with reflection in your room then you would be mad to buy anything with a glossy screen.

Solution

EzTec

Distinguished
I just wasn't sure if i was over thinking the screen's reflective nature or not.... yea getting a glossy screen just can't happen :( even though i liked it lol.

I know on Amazon it shows which ones are IPS and not but I dont know how to differentiate a TN panel, unless this is a universal term i have yet to learn lol noob here so sue me :p

Can anyone recommend any other screens that might be a good fit? Dont like just having one option

^ exactly that with the hertz rating mate.
Generally you'll need a very decent sli or crossfire setup to make the most of a 144htz screen - there isn't a single GPU available that can push those kinds of constant fps.60htz is the norm.
You honestly won't beat the Asus for what it is for the price.
There is this benq - nothing to choose between them IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007HSKSMI/ref=mp_s_a_1_28?qid=1421393828&sr=8-28&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70
The benq is $20 more but has an extra HDMI port which is useful to some people.I own the benq ,its a good monitor.
Both monitors have HDMI audio passthrough & a audio out jack for speaker sets.