XFX r9 270x with VGA Monitor with DVI - VGA Converter not working

Kaushik DB

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
I have
http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-270x-double-dissipation-edition-r9-270x-edj4

And Bought DVI to VGA Converter

http://www.flipkart.com/jinali-dvi-male-vga-female-converter-data-cable/p/itmefahymgghrffj?pid=ACCEFAHYGQHQFBUA

But it's not working.

1. I'm not sure if both DVI on my card is DVI-I or DVI-D but they looks exactly the same. (with the pin arrangement)

2. Someone wrote that i'm supposed to use that converted with monitor not that card. I'm confused here.

My monitor only have VGA, how can I connect it with my card (i'm also running another monitor on DVI).

Solution
This model has a DVI-I and DVI-D, the DVI-I that supports analog is positioned next to the HDMI. The DVI-D which doesn't support VGA is under the HDMI.

If you need to use 2 Vga monitors, i recommend getting a DVI-VGA adapter and a Displayport to VGA adapter.

The only models we make that supports dual VGA without the use of a displayport are...

R5 220's
XFX One's
5450's

All other models require the use of displayport to get a 2nd vga.

Thank you

XFX_Support

Distinguished
This model has a DVI-I and DVI-D, the DVI-I that supports analog is positioned next to the HDMI. The DVI-D which doesn't support VGA is under the HDMI.

If you need to use 2 Vga monitors, i recommend getting a DVI-VGA adapter and a Displayport to VGA adapter.

The only models we make that supports dual VGA without the use of a displayport are...

R5 220's
XFX One's
5450's

All other models require the use of displayport to get a 2nd vga.

Thank you

Solution

Kaushik DB

Reputable
Nov 8, 2014
XFX_Support, are you sure? they looks exactly same though.

And I have a DVI monitor and a VGA monitor. So I tried hooking up like this

DVI (beside HDMI) > Adapter > VGA Monitor
DVI (under HDMI) > DVI Monitor.

My DVI monitor works but my VGA monitor doesn't get any signal nor the windows recognizes it.

Am I getting the Adapter wrong?
What apapter I should get. I'm in India.
Thank you.