Need opinions on my £160 power efficient (64W) server

gudthing

Honorable
Jan 16, 2015
hey guys,

I used UKPCPartPicker ( to create a server which was Cheap, Efficient and performing (in that priority order).

The server will be used to replace my current, raspberry pi media server (XMBC), and I will probably run windows server (maybe some linux server, although I have 0 experience with the OS) and it will also act as a file server and, perhaps a minecraft and a web server.

Here is the link to the build

CPU: AMD 5350 2.05Ghz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: ASRock AM1B-ITX Mini ITX AM1 OR ASRock AM1H-ITX
Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Case: Cooler Master K350 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

I will be adding 4x HDD drives in a raid configuration (some mirror config)

I am concerned about cooling, not sure if the case will provide adequate cooling....

Opinions would be very much appreciated, and as mentioned earlier, the build focuses on Price > Power Consumption > Performance

popatim

Titan
Add the optional rear 120MM fan tot he case and you will be more than fine.. It already has a front one to keep the HDD's cool but the lack of a rear fan with a bottom mounted psu doesnt leave an easy path for the heat to get out. Not that you will generate much with a 25w processor.

Do you have a raid card? Your motherbd selection only has 2 sata ports...

gudthing

Honorable
Jan 16, 2015

Thanks for the reply, I misread the specs of the motherb and I have now updated it.

Raid card? I'm hoping (need to do futher research) that the motherb supports some RAID configuration - since it's usually done in the BIOS? Or can it also be done on a higher level?