3570K Overclocked to 4.5GHz stable? Temps ok? Please HELP!!!

markuskong

Reputable
Jun 25, 2014
SPECS:

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77V-PRO
CPU: I5 3570K OVERCLOCKED TO 4.5GHZ (1.192v @ MAX)
Cooler: Corsair H100i (Just got today and installed today)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz 9-10-9-27
Video Card: PNY Nvidia GTX 770 2gb Factory OC
Case: Thermaltake Core V71
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W
Hard Drives: PNY 256 GB XLR8 PRO SSD
Crucial MX100 512 GB SSD

Below is the screen capture I took after running Prime95 for an hour
24gvzhj.png

I also had a question. Never overclocked an Intel CPU...(But I've done a bunch of video watching and web searching before I started) On windows it shows 3.40GHz
In my bios, it doesn't show 4.5GHz, it shows 3.4GHz. It only shows 4.5GHz in the AI Tweaker in yellow that says synchronizing target CPU turbo mode speed. But on CPU-Z as you see in the screen capture, its at 4.5GHz. Why is that? I know on my AMD rig, when I overclock it; it shows in Windows as 4.0GHz @ 4.5GHz. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you!

markuskong

Reputable
Jun 25, 2014
Any help on this? Temps and if I overclocked correctly? Using the PC, I idle around 20s-30s and under gaming loads I'm under 60c. Please help! I was planning on remounting but after checking at least 5 times, everything seems like it's done correctly.

You might have gotten a quicker response had you posted in the overclocking forum, located here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum-29.html and more specifically in the intel overclocking mega thread located here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/277215-29-intel-overclocking-club/page-13

That said you seem to have done quite well. The voltage is good, the temps are certainly good and if you have run benchmarking tests and remained stable then I would say you are fine. As to the clock speed not showing up properly in BIOS, if I recall correctly it will only display the base clockspeed of the CPU and not its current speed. I have an i5 3570K too and have experienced the exact same issue, so I assume it is perfectly normal.

Anyways, head on over to the thread I linked and you will be guaranteed to get some good, solid advice.

markuskong

Reputable
Jun 25, 2014

Thank you so much. Sorry about that... I just re-posted onto those links you gave me. Thank you so much for your input and suggestion!