Online Retailer Warranties

QQueue

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015
While perusing through the forums, as I'm new on this site, I find a lot of people use PCpartpicker as a means of finding the cheapest prices from site to site.

My issue with this is warranties. I'm doing a completely new build, and it's been 8 years since I've built a PC. I have a cart built on newegg.ca and a complete list filled on PCpartpicker.com, and the pricing is almost night and day, but the warranties I've chosen on newegg, for the CPU, Mobo and GPU as well as SSD put me almost 400 higher than if I didn't.

Should I get the warranties? I don't want to static out any components before actually using the thing, and I'm getting an anti-static band just in case.

CPU - 379.99 + 85 3yr ADP <i7 4790k>
Mobo - 239.99 + 50 3yr ADP <ASUS Maximus VII Hero>
GPU - 399.99 + 85 3yr ADP <EVGA 04G-2974-KR GTX970>
SSDx2 114.99ea + 25 3yr ADP <Kingston SSDNow V300 Series SV300S37A/240G>

I just want to make sure I'm not going overkill in warranties, but I'm also really worried about plugging 2800 only to have it short out over stupidity.

Solution
3rd party warranties? Almost certainly not.

Manufacturer warranty is anywhere between 1 and 10 years, depending on the part.
If aftermarket warranties were a good deal for us, they would not offer them. They are a good deal for them.

USAFRet

Titan
3rd party warranties? Almost certainly not.

Manufacturer warranty is anywhere between 1 and 10 years, depending on the part.
If aftermarket warranties were a good deal for us, they would not offer them. They are a good deal for them.

Solution