Graphics Card Does Not Output Video

EncryptedCode

Honorable
May 28, 2013
Previous to last night, I've been able to plug my monitor into my graphics card without issue.

Last night, however, a small amount of iced tea spilled into the vents on the top of my tower.

At first, the heatsink fan was inoperable, but after cleaning the components to the best of the ability and letting the computer air out over night, the fan is functioning perfectly.

I was using the computer for approximately 30 minutes when it began to restart automatically. When I turned it back on after the restart, the monitor no longer was receiving output from the graphics card.

What can I do to solve this issue? I have an MSI GTX 770 and a Dell 17" monitor. Is the GPU completely inoperable? I can provide any further information needed upon request.

G

I wondered why no-one had replied to this yet but I can see it's a difficult one to answer. Not good! If the card hadn't dried out properly before you turned it on, it could have caused a short. The only option is to leave the card in a warm dry place for 48 hours and let it properly dry then try it. If the damage is already done then you might have to take it to an engineer for repair or most likely to the manufacturer if a chip is damaged.

I dread having the same problem with my top vents too and my computer is on the floor in the lounge but there's nowhere else I can put it here. I hope you manage to get it working. Keep me updated.