Video Output cuts out (hdmi signal not found) on monitor

Mark The Avenger

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
So I have never had any problems with my video output before until i started to mod The Witcher 2 and tried to run it which ended with my first instance of my problem which is that the video output on the monitor cuts out leaving the message "hdmi signal not found" The fans are still spinning and my whole system seems to be still running fine. At first i thought it was was the game so i just held down the power button and rebooted my pc and the game then it happened again so at this point i just gave up on the game completely and just rebooted then suddenly without even opening the game the output yet again fails.It seems to happen after a while when i go into a game
I am able to browse online and watch youtube videos with no hassle but only when i start to use other programs like steam the problem kicks in.

I have checked the cables so i used 2 different hdmi cables and a dvi cable which did not work
I used a different monitor which did not work
My BIOS and drivers are all up to date
I have set my gpu and cpu settings back to default

GeForce GTX 980
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Asus Z97-PRO WI-FI AC ATX Motherboard
Corsair 650W Semi-Modular 80 plus gold psu
8 gb ram

Im sorry if i left out any more information, Thanks for taking the time to read my thread.

Solution
make sure it not a bios issue..check that your new mb has the newest bios file. on the error sounds like bad gpu ram or weak power supply.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cudagpumemtest/

Mark The Avenger

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014

Yeah so after some further testing using Tomb Raider, I found out that one of the ram sticks was faulty, Gonna get it replaced :)
Wouldnt have figured out it was a ram problem if it wasnt for you, I was dead set on it being a faulty gpu but nonetheless im glad its just one ram stick Thank You!