Need help finding out details about a Laptop Screen.

munekun

Reputable
Dec 18, 2014
Hi, I'm sure this is a weird request, but, a long story short, I have very sensitive eyes and i am stuck using older crt monitors at high refresh rates as they do not bug my eyes, but mine is currently dying so i am in need to upgrade to a "newer" thin monitor. Normally the thin monitors give me immense headaches or extreme migraines after very short usage times, But my mother had a laptop, a -Packard Bell Easynote TM87-GN-029 15.6inch - and for some reason her screen never gave me any form of discomfort even after hours of constant use, so basically what i am asking is, does anyone know, or know how to find out the exact type of screen that laptop had so i know exactly what type of monitors are easy on my eyes, for example was it LCD,LED, did it use CCFL or LED backlighting? I'm not at all familiar with the types but whatever that laptop had is what i need to know to find a monitor with the same. Thank you in advance!

Solution
"the EasyNote TM boasts a crisp 1366 x 768 resolution, 15.6" widescreen display..."

There is not much special about that Packard Bell laptop display that I can tell. It is LED backlighting.

The best thing would be for you to go to a store, and see the monitors to determine which will work well for you. Look for one with a 120 Hz or 240 Hz refresh rate to minimize the flicker for you, and with a fast pixel response rate.
"the EasyNote TM boasts a crisp 1366 x 768 resolution, 15.6" widescreen display..."

There is not much special about that Packard Bell laptop display that I can tell. It is LED backlighting.

The best thing would be for you to go to a store, and see the monitors to determine which will work well for you. Look for one with a 120 Hz or 240 Hz refresh rate to minimize the flicker for you, and with a fast pixel response rate.

Solution