Fixing washed out monitor

offroadguy56

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
Hello. I recently got a monitor from a friend. The screen is extremely washed out. I guess he left it in sun coming from the window.

I've already tried used the monitor's settings but they were limited. So I'm using the video driver's color adjustments and for the moment it's much better than what it was but it's still very bad.

I'm wondering if there's anything I can physically do to the monitor to fix this. Some kind of miracle spray or replacing the glass. If I have to replace the entire panel I'm fine with that.

The monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 2233SW.

Heard back from Samsung. A new panel for the 2233sw is $191 + $12 for the service manual. Their email said I needed to buy the service manual but on their parts website it looks like you can just buy the panel itself.

Solution

offroadguy56

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013

Thanks for the reply. At least the monitor was free. Upon further inspections of the panel, it appears it has screen burn in. I've contacted Samsung on the extreme off-chance that they have an extra panel for this monitor. The reviews for this monitor, at the time, were really good and I was excited to get a free monitor.