Painting A Case

Pixelus

Reputable
Nov 11, 2014
Let me begin by saying sorry if this is in the wrong thread. Anyways, I was wondering what I should use to paint a PC case. Do I use something like in the link below or regular spray paint? Is there also any extra tips anyone could share? Thanks in advance for any responses!

Solution
I always just start with an adhesion promoting primer. It will make regular paint stick to pretty much anything. I've always got it from auto parts stores.

- Make sure to clean the surfaces good. Paint prep works well, but isn't necessary.
- If you are going to paint the inside, paint the inside first.
- Paint each panel individually. Do not have panels near each other when painting others, as the over spray will end up on them.
- I try and paint when it's cool out (not cold) so the paint takes longer to dry. This way I can get the entire piece wet at once. This makes sure it ends up glossy.
- Definitely plan on clear coating it if you want the "wet" look.
- Make sure you read the label on the paint you choose. Some need to be re...
I always just start with an adhesion promoting primer. It will make regular paint stick to pretty much anything. I've always got it from auto parts stores.

- Make sure to clean the surfaces good. Paint prep works well, but isn't necessary.
- If you are going to paint the inside, paint the inside first.
- Paint each panel individually. Do not have panels near each other when painting others, as the over spray will end up on them.
- I try and paint when it's cool out (not cold) so the paint takes longer to dry. This way I can get the entire piece wet at once. This makes sure it ends up glossy.
- Definitely plan on clear coating it if you want the "wet" look.
- Make sure you read the label on the paint you choose. Some need to be re coated almost immediately or wait until the paint is entirely cured, which can be anywhere from 24 hours to 2 weeks.

Solution

Pixelus

Reputable
Nov 11, 2014

Thank you so much for the help! Do I need any special tools though like that paint sprayer from the original post?

Pixelus

Reputable
Nov 11, 2014

Sorry, I forgot the link. It was just a normal paint sprayer for like $90.00. http://www.lowes.com/pd_434320-97-0518050_1z0xzp1+2z8vn__?productId=4190677&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1%26page%3D1&facetInfo=$50%20-%20$100

Well... The link got screwed up... -_-

I'd say that's definitely overkill. I've always just used spray paint. They key is getting the entire section / piece wet at the same time, so this where it being cool out helps on larger pieces.