Is there a TV that can be used as a monitor without there being a delay?

BowenTheMonkey

Reputable
Jan 15, 2015
Is there a TV that can be used as a monitor without there being a delay? My mother has recently got a new Samsung Smart TV and the image quality is beautiful, its refresh rate is 144Mhz. It made me think I would get a 25-32inch model of that TV and use it as a monitor and with the my GPU, gaming would be beautiful but a lot of people have told me when they use a TV as a monitor they can feel the delay when gaming, is there a way to stop this or is there a TV that wouldn't have delay?

Solution
Yes, you would just have to research the Response times on the tvs. But they are like 25ms slower on average in there "game" modes and it is a annoyance constantly changing the mode. It isn't noticeable in single player but if it is competitive MP then it might be the difference in a handful of kils.

Howdy615

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
Yes, you would just have to research the Response times on the tvs. But they are like 25ms slower on average in there "game" modes and it is a annoyance constantly changing the mode. It isn't noticeable in single player but if it is competitive MP then it might be the difference in a handful of kils.

Solution