New GPU, Screen occasionally flickers

wewty

Honorable
Dec 23, 2013
Hay guy, yesterday bought gigabyte a r9 280, installed no problems ( bit tight I'm my case), Well since installing iv had screen flickers ever half hour or so, I have a 650w thermaltake PSU so plenty of power, is this a common issue l, any ideas on how to fix it?

Edit: okay so after looking around the net, i found a post saying under clock the GPU, well i did this to 947Mhz and had no problems. Until i booted up Cities XL and played for about 3 mins then had lines ruining across the screen for about 30 seconds, this happened multiple times, tried turning the settings then screen started jumping around well the lines went epic like, freaked and alt+f4'ed... soo yer, some help would be muchly appreciated
Ty
Wewty

8gb ram,
3gb gigabyte r9 280 OC version
A4 6300 apu ( Yer, iknow)
650w atx thermaltake PSU
Win 8 64bit

Solution
Yeah I would downclock your card, it's not so much the core which causes the problems. It's the highly clocked memory.
Try pushing the memory clock down about 100mhz and test.

There is quite alot of problems with the r9 280/280x.
If it continues reload your driver and/or update it.If it still continues I'd be looking at replacing it or getting the r9 285 which was made to replace the r9 280.

-good luck

Anonymouselite5

Distinguished
Yeah I would downclock your card, it's not so much the core which causes the problems. It's the highly clocked memory.
Try pushing the memory clock down about 100mhz and test.

There is quite alot of problems with the r9 280/280x.
If it continues reload your driver and/or update it.If it still continues I'd be looking at replacing it or getting the r9 285 which was made to replace the r9 280.

-good luck

Solution

TRENDING THREADS