MSI A88x-G43 RMA'd experience.

damagedg00ds

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Just to let anybody know my motherboard quit posting went into the infamous loop of turning on and shutting off within seconds. First time I ever had an issue with an MSI board checked all of my equipment everything was fine sent MSI the board they received it January 6, 2015. I got an email from them saying they received it. Never heard anything until January 19, 2015 saying it was getting checked and they mailed out a replacement. No explanation of what was wrong with the board I sent them which is a little annoying. January 22, 2015 received replacement board and the box was rattling and I thought what the hell. Opened up the box and the Heat Sinks were bouncing around the box and missing screws. I was a little PO'ed and called them spoke with a nice guy while I was on the phone with him they sent me a new RMA number then a pre paid shipping label to send it back.

I am a little up set because I was without my computer for about three weeks already now I have to wait for a new board. At first they wanted to send me a package of screws and I can use my own thermal paste to reattach the heat sinks, I told him I am not sure if the board is working since the heatsinks were bouncing around in the box and it could have caused more damage I think that for the build I am going to do for my daughter I will be using another company and check on replacing this board in the future if they can send me one that is going to work. Will update on what happens since I know most people like to know what the RMA experience is incase they need to RMA their equipment. So now I get to wait who knows how long for another board and my daughter needed to use that computer since it has the programs for doing her school project. Hopefully a neighbor will help out if they have the software that she needs since the only other items I have are an iPad and a macbook.

damagedg00ds

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Ok so they have recieved the motherboard January 26th and they said they will put a rush on it and it still sits in RMA recieveing I went and dropped money on a new board not losing faith in MSI I picked up the A88x-G45 Gaming board and so far that is sweet fingers crossed.