Monitor out of range, please give me some advise.

Siku

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015
hello.

for some time my computer has gotten blue screen and out of range in or out of games (random when it happens and not too often) usual fix was to turn on and off on my computer.

i got extended screen with my TV and yesterday i got this problem.

whenever i try to make my PC screen ONLY it goes out of range, but once i connect to TV in Extended display mode, it works! i tried to uninstall graphic driver and checked refresh rates but i cannot solve this alone....

anyone got advice?

Nvidia gtx 770 card.

Solution
hmm, I remember reading a while ago about a very similar case, the guy ended up fixing it by entering in safe mode and editing the windows registry, try looking around for some topic related to "change refresh rate windows registry".

The other alternative would be to do a fresh install......
When turning on the PC, press F8 to get into OS options, there choose the "VGA mode" or something related to it (might be low resolution mode), once in windows try setting the resolution AND vertical frequency you usually have, restart and see if problem got fixed.

Siku

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015

i now tried to go to safe mode, uninstall graphic card and reinstall in safe mode, i tried to go to low resolutionm mode, i left it at 800*600 or something and put it to 60 hz as normal. restarted and same problem.

but in safe mode my screen does work properly without having to extend my screen! this is so weird.

hmm, I remember reading a while ago about a very similar case, the guy ended up fixing it by entering in safe mode and editing the windows registry, try looking around for some topic related to "change refresh rate windows registry".

The other alternative would be to do a fresh install......

Solution