No boot, no POST, no beeps, nothing. New PSU & Mobo installed & still nothing

Diabolicus

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
Hi,
Im having a nightmare with my system. All was working fine, i left room 5 mins later I returned and PC had switched off. Since then it wont come back on or do anything. No fans spin, no beeps, nothing other than the green light on the mobo and 2 green lights on the GPU.
I assumed that the PSU had failed and so replaced the Powercool 850W PSu with an XfX Pro 1050W Black Edition PSU.
After installing the new PSU the PC was exactly the same as before. Although the PSU fans will now spin for about half a second before stopping.
I assumed that the motherboard had failed, and replaced the ASUS P8Z77-V motherboard with an ASUS P8Z77-V LX motherboard.
After installing this the problem remains the same, PSU fans spin for less than a second then nothing.
I am now thinking that it could be only the CPU causing this but wanted to check here for some advice.
I have been through every step on the stickied checklist several times.
My system is as follows:
i7 3770k
asus p8z7-v lx motherboard
2x corsair vengence 16gb 1600mhz
asus gtx 680 2gb
corsair watercooled
cooler master cm storm case

Thanks for any help with this.

Then try testing again, but this time remove all connections from the CPU cooler, connect a case fan, only the 24 pin cable and start the board. If the fan still doesn't spin, then it's most probably a motherboard issue.

Diabolicus

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
I managed to get a shop to check the motherboard for me, it turned out that the sata modules and cables had fried.
Thanks for your help trying to work out was going on.