What to do with a PC with Dead Motherboard & CPU?

Pandarian

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Hi, i have HP Pavilion Media Center PC which is about 4 years old. My repairmen said Motherboard & CPU is dead. What are the options that I have?

1. If repair with new or used parts, what are the MB & CPU supported by my casing etc.
2. Selling part is a good option or nor considering the price + shipping costs.

Please give me your opinions. Thanks

Product Details From HP

Parts

Solution
If the motherboard is dead, I'm not sure how he could know that the CPU is dead. If the CPU is dead, how did he determine the motherboard was as well? Did he test each of them with a different motherboard and cpu? Sounds kinda like he didn't know and is just making an assumption.

What is the model of the media center PC. It would probably be a lot cheaper to just replace the faulty parts and install a new PSU as well since if they ARE both dead, it's likely the PSU had a role in it.
If the motherboard is dead, I'm not sure how he could know that the CPU is dead. If the CPU is dead, how did he determine the motherboard was as well? Did he test each of them with a different motherboard and cpu? Sounds kinda like he didn't know and is just making an assumption.

What is the model of the media center PC. It would probably be a lot cheaper to just replace the faulty parts and install a new PSU as well since if they ARE both dead, it's likely the PSU had a role in it.

Solution