Help me overclock my GPU

Noorey

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
I have an NVIDIA GEFORCE GT710M 2GB graphics card.
More details about my PC:
RAM: 12gb
Processor: Intel Core i7 -4770F (3.43Ghz)

Is it possible you guys could tell me the optimum limit to which I should overclock. Maybe with a screenshot or something. :??: I have never overclocked before, so please help me.

commandosupremo

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
I'm not sure about your gpu in particular but I think the same general guidelines would apply as overclocking any other GPU.

Make sure its stable at stock first, get some tools that allow you to stress test the GPU (Unigine, Furmark etc. ) and make sure that the temperatures aren't too crazy (gpus run hot, but I try to keep them below 80 under load).

Then you need to get a tool that lets you overclock. MSI afterburner is what I typically use, and just go slow. Core speed will probably be more important than memory, so increase it some fixed amount like 20 MHz, apply the change then test for stability again. Repeat until it crashes, or when temps get higher than you prefer.

Since its a GT710M, I'm guessing that you have a laptop since its a mobile processor. This may make overclocking it more difficult as it will likely have much worse cooling than a desktop GPU. The real question here is, is overclocking a lower end GPU such as 710M really going to get you that much more performance? Is it worth the loss of battery life and increased heat?

Noorey

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
No it's not a laptop. It's a desktop PC. I bought it all in one, not separately. I will try what you recommended. I don't mind even if it is just a little boost in performance because most of the next-gen games on my PC hold at 17-20 FPS. I would like it to hold at 20FPS or more. 20FPS gameplay seems smooth for me.