resolution problem after installing new gpu

nikos_gevre

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
i just installed my new gpu (r9 280x) and downloaded the amd catalyst center and this program downloaded all the latest amd drivers for my system on its own. after the reboot that i had to make in order for the changes to take place something happened in my screen. i dont know exactly how to describe the problem but i will try: my monitor is 22 inches but i see less, like 19-20 inches but its not a monitor problem, its like there is an unused space in my monitor.
it has something to do with the drivers i guess. i was using the intel hd graphics for a while until i get a gpu. i installed the gpu in the pcie slot and connected my monitor to the gpu. i started the computer and everything was normal. i downloaded and installed the amd drivers and then uninstalled the intel hd graphics driver. i rebooted and this is the problem i have now... any idead whats going on?
i tried to disable the integrated graphics from the bios and the device manager but none fixed the problem. i checked the resolution both from the windows resolution center and amd catalyst and its set in 1080p on 60hz.

Solution
Open AMD Catalyst Control Center and navigate to the "My Digital Flat-Panels" tab. In there, you'll find "Scaling Options." Just slide that bar to 100% or 0% Underscan. I forget if it's 100 or 0. That should eliminate the "border" you're seeing.

JobCreator

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
Open AMD Catalyst Control Center and navigate to the "My Digital Flat-Panels" tab. In there, you'll find "Scaling Options." Just slide that bar to 100% or 0% Underscan. I forget if it's 100 or 0. That should eliminate the "border" you're seeing.

Solution

nikos_gevre

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014

yeaaahh thanks man! grab a beer from me :p thanks a lot. i was getting desperate!