My sharp hdtv used to report native res as 1360x768

Chad Cruickshank

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
So for the last 4 years i was using a sharp lc32d44u as my only monitor. it has always been setup using dvi-hdmi. and in both windows and nvidia resolution setting the native and recommended res was 1360 x768 and this monitor physically has 1366x768 pixels,.

Well now it is saying 1280x720 is the recommended and native resolution and that setting is blurry and just isnt good for a PC as its blurry no matter what i do. and frankly i dont care cuz i dont want to ever use that res. i can set it to 1360x768 which looks good and crisp but now i cant use nvidia dsr as its multiplying the Native 1280x720 which it is reporting and every dsr resolution is blurry as hell

When i use edid viewer it reports 2 detailed timings... #1 1280x720 which obviously is for watching satellite and cable boxes and dvd.. and #2 1360x768 which is for PC which would be native hooking up through vga but who uses analog. and my tv is old and only supports native pc resolution through VGA so it says..

My question being why has my pc reported 1360x768 under the PC resolutions for years connected through my hdmi port 4 which is not and Hdmi-pc port..

Im honestly very confused. i have a GTX 970 and the only thing that i can think of is i used Geforce expierience too scan for games and maybe it changed something on my computer. Its not like i cant have a good expierience through 1360x768 res under the PC section of the resolutions in nvidia control panel but how do i get it back to recognizing this as a native resolution so i can use DSR again... or just have it native so it aint pissing me off knowing its not. Im about to just suck it up and go buy a new G-sync monitor or normal one or a newer tv that supports PC resolutions through hdmi or dvi or displayport or anything.

Ive looked around and tried everything i can but no use. maybe it is time to suck it up and stop using this ancient 2008 Hdtv

Chad Cruickshank

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
I fixed it by uninstalling Geforce expierience and Samsung magician and Disabling the extention block and making my preferred detailed timing 1360x768 instead of 1280x768... i have OCD and this wasnt good for me to know i wasnt using 1360x768 lol