No monitor display when plugged into graphics card

Hammer10

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
This is my first built pc so forgive me for sounding like an idiot. When I plug any of my vga/dvi/hdmi cables into the graphics card I get no signal on my monitor. I have tried this on several different monitors with different cables and nothing changes. I have moved the card around to different pci slots and its still the same case.

Specs are:
case: Cosiar Carbide 300R
gpu: Sapphire HD7950 Vapor-X Boost
cpu: Intel core i7 4770
psu: Antec 500w
HDD: 1tb Seagate 7200rpm
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-ud3h
Windows 7 64bit
2x8gb Ram

The computer works fine when i plug the hdmi into the motherboard. I have been wondering if i needed a higher watt psu. I have also been reading around about accessing the BIOS, but when i reach the setup screen i have no idea where to go from there.

Can include pics if necessary. Thank you in advance.

Hammer10

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015

Looking around my BIOS this is the only thing i could find that could be what you are talking about. Just unsure if i should change it. Gives me the option to change the PCIe Slot Configuration from either Auto-Gen1-Gen2-Gen3. I worry about changing something I might break. Its looks allot different to the guides i have seen on youtube... etc
http://imgur.com/qYjUnYb
qYjUnYb

Edit: Found another bit of BIOS settings that might be it but im still unsure what to do
http://i.imgur.com/yffu7bl.jpg

hey69

Honorable
Jan 27, 2015
Auto should be ok. Btw if it detects a videocard in the pcie slot it will automaticly send the signal over your carD. So no post bios output also when connecting your monitor to your ati card?

Hammer10

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
Thanks for all the help, I have tried all of the above and nothing has changed. And yes the monitor is connected to the ati card. Starting to think either my gpu or mobo is broken i just cant figure it out

hey69

Honorable
Jan 27, 2015
i'm kinda in the same boat. tried replacing the videocard, now and then it works . onbard works allways.
just going to loan a psu , if that fails i'l return the mobo to the store now i still have 5 weeks waranty left