The charge and play kit(xbox 360) is not only a power source........but how to play withi it?

Tahmeed Bin Enam

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015
So I have been checking everywhere around lately and everywhere it says you can't play on PC with the charge and play kit, it is only a power source.But my point is, i think it's NOT.Because if it was only a power source and it could not transmit signals, then how would the cable recognize if the power source is different than my xbox 360?If i connect the controller to my x360 then plug the c and p kit on a PC, the controller disconnects.How would the controller recognize it?Also you can play as much as you want with the battery disconnected.How do you explain that?Also you don't need these many pins just to supply electricity, do you?So i think i have shown enough prove that the charge and play kit CAN transmit signals, now my question is how do you play with it in a PC?Also if you see the driver configuration of the xbox 360 controller driver, you can see somewhere that it makes your play and charge kit null.If you couldn't play with it, why on earth would they disable it?(sorry i don't have those vonfigs right now).

jafrankl

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014
The charge and play kit is unusable with PC. Drivers exist for the Xbox One's controller for wireless connectivity, but a wired controller is required for the PC to recognize a 360 controller. When plugged into the Xbox and the batteries disconnected, the C & P kit still powers the controller and the controller still transmits the connection signal. The C & P also was designed to work with the 360's platform, not with PC's operating systems. Microsoft and other sites have confirmed the C & P kit is for power only (a few other signals are sent through, but most people are unsure what they are for) and is completely incompatible with the PC.

Get a wired controller if you want to use a 360 model on PC and accept the fact that the C & P cannot and will not work on PC.

Tahmeed Bin Enam

Reputable
Jan 23, 2015

Yes it's true that microsoft hasn't invented a way......but there must be some hacks......:v

Nathan_63

Commendable
Jun 1, 2016

I know I'm late to the conversation, but i was looking through the Xbox 360 Peripherals section in the drivers, and there were drivers for the "xbox 360 wireless controller via play & charge kit" i cant confirm if this works since i dont have a play & charge kit, i just wanted to put this out there. if someone could confirm whether this works or not, that'd be great.