Looking for decent monitor under £150

Phana

Honorable
May 31, 2013
I've recently completed a build but I've been stuck with a borrowed TV which needs to be returned. I'm mostly using the computer for gaming.

Here's some monitors I've been looking at: (link), (link), (link) and finally (link)

I know very little about monitors so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

King_Potato

Honorable
May 13, 2014
Does graphical fidelity matter a lot to you? If it does, go for an IPS panel. Otherwise, get a TN Panel Also, buy a 60hz one or greater. As for resolution, 1080p's your best bet (judging by your rather limited budget).
Response time usually doesn't matter that much, just try to keep it below 8ms.

My personal recommendation?
The LG 24MP55HQ-P. I read a lot of good things about it and it's dead cheap. Leaves you with some money to buy a few more hamburgers or something ;)

Phana

Honorable
May 31, 2013

I'd prefer to strike a balance between playable frame rate and graphical fidelity but I have a 970 so that shouldn't be too much of a problem given my limited budget. I'm not exactly going to be buying a 4k 34" monitor any time soon.

Thanks for your suggestion.

King_Potato

Honorable
May 13, 2014

TN still isn't as good as IPS though. Nevertheless, it all comes down to personal preference. I myself can be bothered by even the most distinct colour quality decrease of a TN panel in comparison to IPS