[SOLVED] 144hz in 1920x1080 possible with single DVI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alanthor

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014
Hi,

I just got a new monitor, BenQ XL2411Z 24'' 144hz monitor. I have it connected to my Radeon R9 270x with the single DVI cable that was included.

I have read online that 1920x1080 and 144hz with a single DVI cable doesnt work, is that true? I have 1920x1080 res with 144hz configured in Catalyst control, and display pilot software shows correct resolution.

Solution
A "single link" DVI-D cable will not work, you do need a "Dual Link" DVI-D cable, but that "Dual Link" cable is a just one cable. Make sure you have it connected to a "Dual Link" port as well.
Here you go.

DVIQA.jpg

Alanthor

Reputable
Mar 17, 2014

Oh okay, thanks mate. On the DVI cable, it says "DUAL LINK". And it's connected to my upper white DVI slot on my graphic card. There is another DVI slot below that is black aswell. Which one is the Dual link slot?

But it seems everything is right then, cuz I can set 1920x1080 with 144hz in windows/CCC.

Edit - Yep, everything is correct :) Ty. One more question though, instead of making a new thread.
I think the monitor default settings is bad. Like, the black areas is way too white, and the colour setting is a bit bad aswell. I have read online that im not alone of having that opinion.
But I am very bad on configuring monitors, so I dont really know what to do. Any thoughts?

I have it on "Standard" now, should I use "sRGB" instead?
Contrast: 33
Display light: 50
Gamma: 3

Cristi72

Admirable

Hello,

Try to put the GAMMA to +1,5 maximum. If the image is too dark for your liking, augment the screen brightness or Display Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.