Cheap car thats good for tuning?

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
So I just turned 16 and I got my license and a job the same day. I am planning on buying myself a car for my 17th birthday. I would like to get a car that is cheap. As in $1000 - $3000 max. Id like it to have pretty cheap insurance because I think I would be paying for it. I also intend to do some tuning on it, such as a nice body kit, nice rims, and upgrade the engine and such later on so it needs to be customizable. The only cars I had in mind are really high in insurance and I was hoping that you guys would have more knowledge on this topic than me. And suggestions would be great!g

Solution
All cars are tunable to an extent.

Body kits are common for all sorts of 2-door and hatchback cars. Rims can be had for any vehicle.

Find a cheap 4-cylinder car that offers a turbo option. Buy the non-turbo version. Add turbo, rims, and bodykit at your convenience.

Honda Civic, Mitsubishi Eclipse (insurance might be high on that one, power to weight ratio), Hyundai Elantra, Toyota Corollas

Plenty of older sporty models out there like the GT3 that can be had relatively cheap, but they are starting to fall apart, and I assume replacing engines and drive trains might be out of your budget range.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
All cars are tunable to an extent.

Body kits are common for all sorts of 2-door and hatchback cars. Rims can be had for any vehicle.

Find a cheap 4-cylinder car that offers a turbo option. Buy the non-turbo version. Add turbo, rims, and bodykit at your convenience.

Honda Civic, Mitsubishi Eclipse (insurance might be high on that one, power to weight ratio), Hyundai Elantra, Toyota Corollas

Plenty of older sporty models out there like the GT3 that can be had relatively cheap, but they are starting to fall apart, and I assume replacing engines and drive trains might be out of your budget range.

Solution

Dylan1999

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013

thanks! and were you referring to the eclipse as having high insurance or was is the civic?

BlackQueen

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015

Hi, buddy, don't forget the safety...Good luck with you:)